My fellow Indians… Independence Day Pledge:
- Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what India will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
- Thank you Veterans for the sacrifices you and your families are making. Our Veterans have taught us that no matter what are positions may be on policy, as Indians and patriots, we must support all of our soldiers with our thoughts and our prayers.
- We can’t equate spending on veterans with spending on defence. Our strength is not just in the size of our defence budget, but in the size of our hearts, in the size of our gratitude for their sacrifice. And that’s not just measured in words or gestures.
- I look forward to a great future for India – a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Independence.
- For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.